POLITICKERS OR MINISTERS OF THE TRUTH?

BY:  BRENDA IMUS

JULY 30, 2002

Brenda Imus wrote:

The Word of God, in physical form? Simple I’d hand them the Scriptures. The Lord Jesus Christ is not with us  PHYSICALLY and so we hand them the word that constitutes a thorough testimony of Him. But remember that the greater power is in ‘the word of our testimony,’ which is so hated by the enemy that it causes many to be put to death. Why so? Because ‘the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.’ In the beginning was the Word... Jesus Christ preceded the written word. Yes? So what is the foundation of our faith? Him, or it? (Go to the testimony!) Now it’s your turn. Brenda PS: Will be out of town a lot, conduction horse clinics, so this may be somewhat spotty…

—–Original Message—–

From:  Reader
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 7:38 PM
To: Brenda Imus
Subject: Re: Politickers or ministers of the truth?

Brenda Imus wrote:

Hi,

I must admit, my first response to this was to skim over it before relegating it to my ‘Christian’ file. I’ve found that it’s seldom useful to argue over the Truth (who is not a ‘fact,’ but a living Person.) Either He reveals an aspect of Himself to another, or not. If not, then no amount of argument even if seemingly successfulis really fruitful.

However, this morning I sensed my thoughts continually turning back to this subject, and ‘heard’ the Lord’s response to your words in my heart. Not through the written word, mind you but through His living Spirit communicating directly to my spirit. Jesus Christ is indeed the embodiment of those precious truths laid out in the Scriptures.  They, on the other hand, do not embody Him, but rather testify OF Him. There is such a vast difference!

My original response came to your stating that the Bible is our foundation for faith. Not so, and the Scriptures themselves testify to this: I Cor. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20  20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21]  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22]  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

I also believe that the Scriptures are our ‘final authority,’ but only as understanding of them is granted to us by the grace of the Holy Spirit, who “teaches us all things.” The Scriptures, of course, attest to this:

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I’ve come to understand that this ‘all things’ that the Holy Spirit teaches us regarding our Lord Jesus goes beyond what the Scriptures teach… just as the beauty and complexity of a sunrise goes beyond the power of a poet to describe, no matter how gifted the poet. We must first EXPERIENCE a sunrise, before we can truly appreciate the truth embodied in the poem about it.

However, if we are blind… then we thank God for the poem, which allows us to have some sense of the beauty and power of a sunrise.

Will faith in the words ABOUT Jesus save us? No. Will faith in Jesus because of the testimony of those words save us? Yes! That faith in Jesus, over time, ought to lead us into a personal relationship with Him. Will an ongoing relationship with the One about Whom those written words save us? TO THE UTTERMOST!

I thank God for the Scriptures, which continually testify to the Living God!

I would ask you a question, Tom that I’ve asked a great many Christians over the years. I once presented it to a roomful of pastors. Only one person a simple lady at one of my speaking engagements could ever answer this correctly. And yet it is the MOST IMPORTANT element of our walk with Jesus: can you tell me what, exactly; is the covenant of the New Testament, which is the guideline to our relationship to God in this generation?

I will answer your question Brenda if you fully answer my question to the point, without mumbo jumbo or beating around the bush:

If someone asked you to hand them the word of God (in physical form) Brenda, what would you be able to place in their hands?

(Now Tom, you’ve been studying the Scriptures for many years. No fair doing a quick search NOW to find the answer… if you don’t know it ‘by heart’ already, then you’ve been missing something of paramount importance and it’s important FOR YOU to come to that realization.)

This is getting lengthy, but I wanted to address your parallel regarding your wife’s will. In that instance, if you’re following her final and complete will, then your wife is dead. You cannot communicate with her. Our Lord, on the other hand, is very much alive. So when a ‘lawyer’ or ‘teacher’ tries to tell me how to interpret His ‘last will,’ I not only can, but MUST, check with Him to see if their interpretation is truly in line with His original and eternal intent.

If you want to CC this to others, that’s fine. There’s a good chance this entire correspondence will appear on my web site, if I ever get time to do any updating.

God’s BEST to you, my brother.

Brenda

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

—–Original Message—–

From: Reader
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 6:01 PM
To: Brenda Imus
Subject: Re: Politickers or ministers of the truth?

Brenda Imus wrote

Hi. 

I agree wholeheartedly with your anti-political premise. However, I take strong exception to your placing of the Scriptures as the ‘foundation of the believer’s faith.’ This is a serious error that is far too common in today’s Christian world. There is only ONE foundation upon which our faith rests, and to Whom the Scriptures can only testify: Jesus Christ, our Lord. I will not insult your spiritual intelligence by quoting the Scriptures regarding this fact. You know tham all very well already. In fact, there was much amazement when China finally opened her doors and the believing world discovered that, despite the lack of Bibles in Communist China, the Christian faith was not only alive–but was ablaze. Praise God!Too many believers already have set the Bible up in their hearts as an idol, looking primarily to IT, rather than to HIM, for teaching and direction. Please do not contribute to this sad state of affairs. . . You and I both understand that unless the Lord rules and reigns in our life as our Living God, Teacher, Counselor, etc.–then the Bible is just another set of religious rules that can be, and usually are, simply used to set forth yet another religious agenda, under the guise of ‘true Christianity.’ Just like the disciples who were on the road to Emaus, our understanding of Scriptures will be closed, until He chooses to open them up to us.Blessings in truth,

Brenda Imus 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Reader wrote:

So what you are saying then Brenda is to trust in Jesus but not in what He says and what He has written.  Even though He says “Thy word is truth”?  It is either truth or it is leavened!  Even though He says “ever word of God is pure?  To the jot and tittle that is!  Even though He says they are kept and preserved from this generation (that’s today) and forever?

If my wife told me something very confidential, and placed it in writing as her final and and complete will, then although I can trust in her, would I be foolish and worshipping her words if I trusted in what she had willed? Did the Bereans have it wrong too, when they used the scriptures as their final authority?  What I’m I suppose to believe   you saying “hath God said?”  Or Jesus saying “and they (the scriptures that is) are they which testify of me”.

John 20:31  “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”  Of course, I would be stupid to place my life on believing in the scriptures if they could not be trusted fully, would I not?  And if I do am I called an idolater in trusting the scriptures to the end

Is all scripture given by inspiration?  Depends on whether you can trust them or not, and Brenda says they can not be fully trusted, but only the Person who is responsible for telling us to trust them emphatically with our whole life.

Any way …  haven’t we covered all this ground two or three years ago when you were trying to tell me the Holy Spirit was out final authority?  If you still are not satisfied in me placing my trust totally in the words of Jesus, and encouraging others to do the same, and want to take this matter further, then I would have to obey the scriptures and let it be said in front of two or three witnesses (using CCs in our next round of emails).

 
Blessings,

Reader 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry Brenda, you failed miserably.

When we are persecuted for the word is it because of our stand on the Bible present tense.  Where the Word is mentioned (capital W) in scripture, is it referring to Jesus as the Person as the following scriptures:

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us and his name is called The Word of God …the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.  (the Trinity) …which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life

When the scriptures is referring to the word spelt with a little w is it referring to either the spoken word or the record of the spoken word – the scriptures, which are one and the same.  One is spoken, which is temporal, the other recorded which is eternal and the final authority backing up the authoritative spoken word, backing up the authoritative Person speaking …  God.  Which makes the scripture final back up in all things.  Being the very God breathed and infallible words of our Maker in written form, which we can place our whole life on.  Are you prepared to place your whole life on the written word Brenda?  Here is written proof (if you can trust was written?) about the word (w in lower case) being the scripture: Acts 17:11  These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

The scriptures were used to confirm the words spoken by the apostles (the spoken word) which would have been verses from the Old Testament (the written word) used by the Bereans to confirm the word.  They used the scriptures as final authority, not trusting in man, or men who were even following Jesus.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.

John 20:31  “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

When it says … “Every word of God is pure” it is referring to the scriptures, to the last jot and tittle.  Therefore can they be trusted emphatically.

May the word be glorified!!

Reader

PS I have taken the liberty Brenda to include three witnesses as you thought it was a good idea.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Brenda Imus wrote:

Convoluted, Reader.

No, not convoluted at all Brenda!  You are the one complicating things.  I just merely believe in the written word of God, as being the final authority.  Simple eh!!!

The exact same word (logos, Strong’s #3056–you need to check this out)

Please don’t insult the little intelligence I have.  What have I been doing over the last twenty odd years?  Swapping Mickey Mouse stickers?

is used for most of your ‘various’ meanings. It was the translators who decided what, and when, to capitalize. There was no definitive internal evidence that ‘logos’ sometimes meant written Scripture, sometimes referred to Jesus Christ. It is the Holy Spirit, in combination with the context that He chose, who ‘teaches us’ how to comprehend these passages. As He ‘teaches us all things,’ according to Scripture, and the very words of Jesus.  As for the ‘word of God’ being sharper than any ‘two edged sword,’ let’s not neglect the fact that the ‘rhema,’ or spoken or breathed word, is also according to Ephesians 6:17 the ‘sword of the Spirit.(Strong’s #4487)For someone who so reveres the Scriptures, you handle them very casually.

Not casually … accurately would be a better word! Certainly a lot more accurate than your complicated renderings.   I believe in what the scriptures say, that they are all preserved and pure, and can be relied upon to the utmost.  You are undermining this simple trust by using theological gobbledegook.  As well as concluding that both the Holy Sprit and the written word are both our final authority when scripture is clear the Spirit is subservient to the word, not the other way around.  Nor are they on an equal footing when it comes to revelation.  If they were then you (or anyone) could chop and choose which one to trust, coming to your own conclusions, not the Author’s.  If God’s recorded word was final, then you would have to put side your own theology, like one which excuses a woman teaching over a man, which you explain away on your web site.  http://www.alltel.net/~imus/woman1.html

Or explaining away the Jezebel Spirit, which you try to cleverly do on your web site.

http://www.alltel.net/~imus/Jezebel.html

Brenda says …  “Now you have to take my word on this. . .for whatever that is worth. Because this was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit, and is not concretely backed up by the Scriptures

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What absolute nonsense!  You are dizzy Brenda!

It seems they’re used more to ‘prove’ your point of view than as a tool whereby we (each) can learn and grow.

First, we must ascertain what God is saying as true and final.  My point, is not to listen to my point …nothing more nothing less.  Your point is to say you can’t just trust in the pure and unadulterated scriptures by themselves. This places the final authority back in what you say, so you must be adhered to as authoritative.

Without the word I am nothing.  Just an empty voice, and passing wind.  If I can be used a just a mere humble vehicle pointing folk to the reliable words of God through His inspired scripture, then I have accomplished more than the top nuclear physicist or rocket scientist.  And made the likes of you bible correctors redundant!  You can keep up your crusade against men who point folk to their Maker through His word, and I will continue pointing folk to His word, rubbishing and rebutting the likes of you who are out to undermine men of God by saying “hath God said”, and placing your revelation on a pedestal.  I will forbear with ignorance to a point, but at the end of the day do I despise people trying to rob others of the scriptures. That’s all I’ve got to say. Bye!!

PS  I will now remove your email address of my list as I do not want to be linked to people who place their own revelation above scripture.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I revere God alone... and have deep respect for the Scriptures, which testify of Him. For this reason I try very hard not to use them deceitfully. This, I know, is pleasing and acceptable to Him, if not to you. Isaiah 29:20  For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off: 21  That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought. My dear brother, be careful that you don’t become so zealous for the written word that you forget that they are written for the purpose of demonstrating the love and mercy of God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Such zeal is good, unless it is used as a sort of weapon, by which others are caused to come under a burden of guilt and condemnation, and thereby stumble. Not all true believers are–nor are they called to be–Bible scholars. Many have a simple faith, based on what they have heard, and what they believe in their hearts. Their faith is as acceptable to God as any that you or I may have. Indeed, these ‘little ones’ are precious to Him! I would speak this way regarding your zeal, and the answer of God: Romans 10:2  For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge – – – – 8  But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; (NOTE: here word=’rhema’) 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. So there you have it: what IS ALREADY TRUE is ATTESTED TO BY SCRIPTURE. The truth, which is the Word of God, which is Jesus Christ, precedes the truth written in the Scriptures. He is far greater than that which has been written about Him. You err in the same way as the Pharisees, when the Lord reprimanded them for holding golden objects in the temple in higher regard than the temple, by which the gold was sanctified. The sanctifier (Jesus Christ) is greater than that which is sanctified (the Scriptures). Indeed, the Scriptures can beand usually aregreatly polluted via the unsanctified heart of man. Jesus Christ can NEVER be anything less than perfect and pure. So what ‘word’ lives in our heart? What ‘word’ sanctifies us? JESUS! God does not require that we add anything–not even the written Scripturesto our faith. However, turning to the Scriptures, in purity of heart, in order to learn more of (and from) God, will help ensure our consistency and maturity in Christ. Turning to Scripture to find ‘rules and laws’ by which to live is utterly foolhardy, and dangerous. Would I place my life on the Scriptures? Nothey are too open to man’s deceitfulness and interpretation. If I utterly believed the Lord was using Scripture to lead me into a place of sacrifice, would I follow Him to that place? I can only pray, and trust, that He would grant me the strength and grace to do so. Now I’ve answered you more than once, but you haven’t yet responded to my single question: WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF THE NEW COVENANT THAT GOD HAS MADE WITH US? In Christ,

Brenda

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

—–Original Message—–

From: Reader
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 11:16 PM
To: Brenda Imus
Subject: Re: Politickers or ministers of the truth?

Brenda Imus wrote:

The Word of God, in physical form? Simple–I’d hand them the Scriptures. The Lord Jesus Christ is not with us PHYSICALLY and so we hand them the word that constitutes a thorough testimony of Him. But remember that the greater power is in ‘the word of our testimony,’ which is so hated by the enemy that it causes many to be put to death. Why so? Because ‘the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.’ In the beginning was the Word... Jesus Christ preceded the written word. Yes? So what is the foundation of our faith? Him, or it? (Go to the tesimony, Tom!) Now it’s your turn. Brenda PS: Will be out of town a lot, conduction horse clinics, so this may be somewhat spotty. . .

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

—–Original Message—–

From: Reader
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 7:38 PM
To: Brenda Imus
Subject: Re: Politickers or ministers of the truth?

Brenda Imus wrote:

Hi Reader,

I must admit, my first response to this was to skim over it before relegating it to my ‘Christian’ file. I’ve found that it’s seldom useful to argue over the Truth (who is not a ‘fact,’ but a living Person.) Either He reveals an aspect of Himself to another, or not. If not, then no amount of argument–even if seemingly successful–is really fruitful.

However, this morning I sensed my thoughts continually turning back to this subject, and ‘heard’ the Lord’s response to your words in my heart. Not through the written word, mind you–but through His living Spirit communicating directly to my spirit. Jesus Christ is indeed the embodiment of those precious truths laid out in the Scriptures.  They, on the other hand, do not embody Him, but rather testify OF Him. There is such a vast difference!

My original response came to your stating that the Bible is our foundation for faith. Not so, and the Scriptures themselves testify to this:

I Cor. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21]  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22]  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

I also believe that the Scriptures are our ‘final authority,’ but only as understanding of them is granted to us by the grace of the Holy Spirit, who “teaches us all things.” The Scriptures, of course, attest to this:

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I’ve come to understand that this ‘all things’ that the Holy Spirit teaches us regarding our Lord Jesus goes beyond what the Scriptures teach… just as the beauty and complexity of a sunrise goes beyond the power of a poet to describe, no matter how gifted the poet. We must first EXPERIENCE a sunrise, before we can truly appreciate the truth embodied in the poem about it.

However, if we are blind… then we thank God for the poem, which allows us to have some sense of the beauty and power of a sunrise.

Will faith in the words ABOUT Jesus save us? No. Will faith in Jesus because of the testimony of those words save us? Yes! That faith in Jesus, over time, ought to lead us into a personal relationship with Him. Will an ongoing relationship with the One about Whom those written words save us? TO THE UTTERMOST!

I  thank God for the Scriptures, which continually testify to the Living God!

I would ask you a question, Tom that I’ve asked a great many Christians over the years. I once presented it to a roomful of pastors. Only one person a simple lady at one of my speaking engagements could ever answer this correctly. And yet it is the MOST IMPORTANT element of our walk with Jesus: can you tell me what, exactly; is the covenant of the New Testament, which is the guideline to our relationship to God in this generation?

I will answer your question Brenda if you fully answer my question to the point, without mumbo jumbo or beating around the bush:

If someone asked you to hand them the word of God (in physical form) Brenda, what would you be able to place in their hands?

(Now, you’ve been studying the Scriptures for many years. No fair doing a quick search NOW to find the answer… if you don’t know it ‘by heart’ already, then you’ve been missing something of paramount importance and it’s important FOR YOU to come to that realization.)

This is getting lengthy, but I wanted to address your parallel regarding your wife’s will. In that instance, if you’re following her final and complete will, then your wife is dead. You cannot communicate with her. Our Lord, on the other hand, is very much alive. So when a ‘lawyer’ or ‘teacher’ tries to tell me how to interpret His ‘last will,’ I not only can, but MUST, check with Him to see if their interpretation is truly in line with His original–and eternal intent.

If you want to CC this to others, that’s fine. There’s a good chance this entire correspondence will appear on my web site, if I ever get time to do any updating.

God’s BEST to you, my brother.

Brenda

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

  —–Original Message—–

From: Reader

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 6:01 PM

To: Brenda Imus

Subject: Re: Politickers or ministers of the truth?

Brenda Imus wrote:

Hi.

I agree wholeheartedly with your anti-political premise. However, I take strong exception to your placing of the Scriptures as the ‘foundation of the believer’s faith.’ This is a serious error that is far too common in today’s Christian world. There is only ONE foundation upon which our faith rests, and to Whom the Scriptures can only testify: Jesus Christ, our Lord. I will not insult your spiritual intelligence by quoting the Scriptures regarding this fact. You know them all very well already. In fact, there was much amazement when China finally opened her doors and the believing world discovered that, despite the lack of Bibles in Communist China, the Christian faith was not only alive–but was ablaze. Praise God! Too many believers already have set the Bible up in their hearts as an idol, looking primarily to IT, rather than to HIM, for teaching and direction. Please do not contribute to this sad state of affairs. . . You and I both understand that unless the Lord rules and reigns in our life as our Living God, Teacher, Counselor, etc.–then the Bible is just another set of religious rules that can be, and usually are, simply used to set forth yet another religious agenda, under the guise of ‘true Christianity.’ Just like the disciples who were on the road to Emaus, our understanding of Scriptures will be closed, until He chooses to open them up to us. Blessings in truth,

Brenda Imus

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Reader wrote:

So what you are saying then Brenda is to trust in Jesus but not in what He says and what He has written.  Even though He says “Thy word is truth”?  It is either truth or it is leavened!  Even though He says “ever word of God is pure?  To the jot and tittle that is!  Even though He says they are kept and preserved from this generation (that’s today) and forever?

If my wife told me something very confidential, and placed it in writing as her final and and complete will, then although I can trust in her, would I be foolish and worshipping her words if I trusted in what she had willed? Did the Bereans have it wrong too, when they used the scriptures as their final authority?  What I’m I suppose to believe  …you saying “hath God said?”  Or Jesus saying “and they (the scriptures that is) are they which testify of me”.

John 20:31  “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”  Of course, I would be stupid to place my life on believing in the scriptures if they could not be trusted fully, would I not?  And if I do am I called an idolater in trusting the scriptures to the end.

Is all scripture given by inspiration?  Depends on whether you can trust them or not, and Brenda says they can not be fully trusted, but only the Person who is responsible for telling us to trust them emphatically with our whole life.

Anyway …haven’t we covered all this ground two or three years ago when you were trying to tell me the Holy Spirit was out final authority?  If you still are not satisfied in me placing my trust totally in the words of Jesus, and encouraging others to do the same, and want to take this matter further,  then I would have to obey the scriptures and let it be said in front of two or three witnesses (using CCs in our next round of emails)
Blessings,
Reader

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry Brenda, you failed miserably.

When we are persecuted for the word is it because of our stand on the Bible present tense.  Where the Word is mentioned (capital W) in scripture, is it referring to Jesus as the Person as the following scriptures:

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us…and his name is called The Word of God. …The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.  (the Trinity) …which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life.

When the scriptures is referring to the word spelt with a little w is it referring to either the spoken word or the record of the spoken word – the scriptures, which are one and the same.  One is spoken, which is temporal, the other recorded which is eternal and the final authority backing up the authoritative spoken word, backing up the authoritative Person speaking …  God.  Which makes the scripture final back up in all things.  Being the very God breathed and infallible words of our Maker in written form, which we can place our whole life on.  Are you prepared to place your whole life on the written word Brenda?  Here is written proof (if you can trust was written?) about the word (w in lower case) being the scripture:

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

The scriptures were used to confirm the words spoken by the apostles (the spoken word) which would have been verses from the Old Testament (the written word) used by the Bereans to confirm the word.  They used the scriptures as final authority, not trusting in man, or men who were even following Jesus.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.

John 20:31  “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

When it says … “Every word of God is pure” it is referring to the scriptures, to the last jot and tittle.  Therefore can they be trusted emphatically.

May the word be glorified!!

Reader

PS I have taken the liberty Brenda to include three witnesses as you thought it was a good idea.

Okay, just once more, and then you are free to have the final say Brenda.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Brenda Imus wrote:

Dear Reader, I’m sorry you became so angry.

Annoyed would be a better word.  Annoyed at the ease in which you self appointed prophetesses can freely propagate your nonsense with the absence of strong men to put you in your place.

That was not my intent.

No, but your attempt is plainly to usurp the authority of men, and to undermine peoples trust in the plain truths of the scriptures as our final authority in all that pertains to life, faith and practice.

However... you still fail to answer the one simple, but extraordinarily important, question that I requested of you.

This was not the issue!

Since you have not responded, I will assume that is the case. Here then, is the new covenant–as it appears in both the old, and new, testament: Hebrews 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11  And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. How good God is! Seems to me that it’s all about really KNOWING Him... not simply through a book, but as a living spiritual reality as He abides with us, teaches us, and saves us to the uttermost.

I know what the NC is, and that Jesus work was total and complete on the cross.  Hence, the simple line when you come to my site “word based, cross centered, and Holy Ghost dependent”.

I fully realize that the NC is Christ in you, the hope of glory.  And would never dream of diverting from this, as this is the NC in a nutshell.  However, the question is “how do you know this”  And placing the Holy Spirit above the word of God (which you blatantly do in your web site) is total and gross error, and the reason for the Charismatic Movement,  the false Signs and Wonders Movement, as well as why so many believers are being seduced away into New Ageism.  Jesus said plainly about the scriptures …they are they which testify of me.  That’s the written word of God on paper!  The Holy Bible!

I maybe in error or have error on my site in places.  Who knows …none of us are exempt being just clay?  However, the error on your site and what you are propagating is blatant and major, which you need to repent of, coming back under the authority of your husband and seize this nonsense immediately.

You can now have the final say as I now no longer have anything else to add.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POLITICKERS OR MINISTERS OF THE TRUTH [Brenda Imus]          1

 

Pin It on Pinterest