WORDS THAT HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE
BY: SUNNY ORLY COFFMAN
DECEMBER 12, 2003
- Regarding living in the NOW: “YESTERDAY IS HISTORY… TOMORROW IS MYSTERY… TODAY IS A GIFT! THAT’S WHY IT IS CALLED THE PRESENT!”
- Regarding Grief over DEATH OF YOUR MATE: “I chose to focus on our present oneness in the Spirit rather than our separation in the flesh, and all of the pain of separation lifted and a sense of contentment and completeness settled in.” Betty Hodges
- Regarding CHALLENGES IN RELATIONSHIPS: “He/She is the grit placed, by God, in my polishing machine to rub me to perfection.”
- Regarding CONTROLLING YOUR THOUGHT LIFE: “Frisk every thought with Phil. 4:8” “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.”
- Regarding concern about WHAT PEOPLE THINK: “To inoculate me from the praise of man, God baptized me in the criticism of man until I died to the control of man.” Francis Frangipane
- Regarding being CRITICAL: “If I am at peace with me, I have no need to make you wrong.”
7. When confronting the MANIFESTATION OF EVIL: “Evil prevails when good men do nothing.” – we are overcomers – it’s our response that counts, knowing the trial has been allowed for our perfecting and testimony
But remember, “the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exhaulteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ…” Battles are won or lost in the Spirit – not in the physical realm.
8.Regarding the ACCEPTANCE of those around you: “Do You Want To Be Accepted By Man OR Proven By GOD?
9.When people COME INTO YOUR LIFE: “Some come for a reason, some for a season, some for a lifetime…”
YEAR – 2002
10: Concerning FAITH for Kingdom living: “See the invisible and you can do the impossible.” Roger Coffman 1-1-02
14. Concerning true LIBERTY: “Being in the flesh is bondage. Being in the spirit is true liberty.” Roger Coffman 1-11-02
15. Concerning your balance of power: “Don’t trade the power of LOVE for the LOVE OF POWER.”
16. Concerning coming to the END OF YOURSELF: “The end of our ability is the beginning of God’s opportunity.”
17. Concerning how you LIVE YOUR LIFE: “When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, you are smiling and everyone else is crying.”
18. Concerning an attitude of GRATITUDE: “Get on your knees and thank the Lord you’re on your feet.”
19. Concerning ACCEPTANCE FOR RESPONSIBILITY of your own actions: “Life is like a cup of tea – it is all in how you make it.”
20. Concerning speaking WISDOM: “Sick people give an account to others; well people remain SILENT.”
21. Concerning ability to remain SILENT: “PAIN produces involuntary negative responses.”
22. Concerning true POWER AND AUTHORITY: “KINGDOM POWER = POWER [DUNAMIS] and AUTHORITY [EXOUSIA] = BALANCE LORDSHIP OF CHRIST is all that will produce this BALANCE”
23. Concerning attaining your GOALS: “Success comes before you reach your goal, for it is as simple as taking a STEP in the right direction.”
NOTE: The dates at the end of these words are when I received them into my being – not necessarily when the author penned them.
24. Concerning KNOWING GOD: It is of the greatest importance for the Lord’s children to recognize fully that, above all other things, His object is that they should know Him. This is the all-governing end of all His dealings with us. This is the greatest of all our needs. [T. Austin Sparks] 2-16-03
25. Concerning LOVE: No one is perfect until you fall in love with them. 2-20-03
26. Concerning RESPONSIBILITY to OTHERS: “We have each seen something of God that He is able to show only us; and that if we don’t share it, then others will be ever the poorer for it.” Blaise Pascal 2-20-03
27. Concerning being LED BY SPIRIT OF GOD: “When once you are rightly related to God by salvation, remember that wherever you are, you are put there by God; and by the reaction of your life on the circumstances around you, you will fulfill God’s purpose, as long as you keep in the light as God is in the light. The tendency today is to put the emphasis on service. Beware of the people who make usefulness their ground of appeal. If you make usefulness the test, then Jesus Christ was the greatest failure that ever lived. The lodestar of the saint is God Himself, not estimated usefulness. It is the work that God does through us that counts, not what we do for Him.” Oswald Chambers 3-13-03
28. Concerning GOD’S TIMING: Life is like a box of chocolates. If you wait too long to enjoy, they will melt and fade away. Unknown 3-31-03
29. Concerning LIFE: When you are green, you’re growing. When you’re ripe, you’re rotten! In the 1980’s
30. Concerning PEARL OF GREAT PRICE: “He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to keep that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliott – Killed on the Mission Field in the 1980’s.
31. Concerning THOUGHT LIFE: “Your MIND is an AUTOMOBILE and WORDS are your WHEELS,” T.V. Commercial
32. Point to Ponder: “One man with EXPERIENCE is better than 1,000 men with an ARGUMENT!” March, 2003
33. Concerning LIFE or LAW: “Lead by example, rather than by rule.” Brenda Imus 10-30-03
34. Concerning FAITH vs. WORKS: “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” Will Rogers thru Lolly Arnold 10-23-03
35. Concerning THE POWER of LOVE: We are, to a large degree, the sum of our loves and we will, of moral necessity, grow into the image of what we love most; for love is among other things a creative affinity. It changes and molds and shapes and transforms. It is without doubt the most powerful agent affecting human nature next to the direct action of the Holy Spirit of God within the soul. A. W. TOZER – 11-8-03
36. Concerning WORRY: Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, it empties today of it’s strength. Frank J. Clifton 11-12-03
37. Concerning HEARING GOD: I do like to make declarations rather than explanations. I find so many try to explain what they have in knowledge. Many keep on with examples to convey truth. This will not give spirit revelation. Testimony of self- experience also fails. To know beyond the veil of reason each one has to hear for himself. Lloyd Ellefson 12-16-03
38. Concerning GIVING and RECEIVING: What you GET is your LIVING. What you GIVE is your LIFE! SAW THIS ON A MARQUEE OF A LOCAL CHURCH 12-18-03.
39. Concerning FAITH vs. DOUBT: Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. By: Kahlil Gibran
40 Faith is putting all your eggs in God’s basket, then counting your blessings before they hatch. By: Ramona C. Carroll
42. Concerning WORKS or PEACE: “You are to walk and work at a pace that does not disturb your peace or your household. God will give you a sensitivity as to how much or how little to undertake on a daily basis. It is not how much we accomplish in a day, but how much of His peace we experience as we walk in the light of his countenance in the center of his will. Reading a book, mowing a lawn, doing the dishes, reading the Bible, praying, or preaching are all on the same level so long as we are IN HIS IMMEDIATE WILL. There is no difference between “sacred” and “secular” in the mind of God. “All things are open and transparent to the eyes of him with whom we have to do.” ROBERT FITTS, Hawaii
43. Concerning SATAN: It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
BY: HELEN KELLER
WORDS THAT HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE [Sunny Orly Coffman] 12-12-03 1