TEACH ME TO WORSHIP, LORD
BY: ELAINE COOK
“Yet a time is coming and has now come, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit and truth. His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23-24) A friend was praying and very conscious of her inability to pray with words fitting. “Our Maker”, she prayed, “Lord, teach me to worship You acceptably.” Much to her joy, He answered with the following words, which I pass on to encourage you.
1. When you accept whatever situation you are in without murmuring you are worshiping Me.
2. When you can rejoice in Me in the midst of your infirmities, you are worshiping Me.
3. When I have brought pressures to bear upon you to bring out the gold of My nature and you bear them patiently – blaming not Me, nor another person, nor yourself, then you are truly worshiping Me.
4. When you can ‘”forgive yourself” for your weaknesses and failures and cease expecting your human nature to bring forth perfection, you are worshiping Me.
5. When you have come to the place of recognizing and acknowledging that “of myself I can do nothing.” then do I have praise of thee.
6. When you can look upon a wasted life and agree that I can and will make this one every bit whole–that this is My desire–then you have offered Me true worship, for you have seen My true nature!
7. When you look upon My natural creation and the beauty of it and magnify Me, then am I worshiped.
8, When you hear My word within you saying, “‘this is the way–walk ye in it, and ye obey My word with rejoicing,” I feel worship from thee.
9. When you look upon someone afflicted, tossed, broken, with compassion, then am I worshiped.
10. When you recognize My Body and honor them as My brethren, this is true worship unto Me.
11. When the lips are silent because of your pain, and you lift your heart to Me, I feel your worship.
12. When you say, “I cannot – please help me!” then am I worshiped.
Worship is a heart attitude in every place and situation in which you find yourselves. It acknowledges My Lordship, the righteousness of My nature, the truth of My Word, and the reality of My indwelling presence. You may offer true worship at all times and in every situation by keeping your heart right toward Me and toward your fellow-man.
Given by the Holy Spirit to Elaine Cook, British Columbia
We are coming to deeper worship than ever before. Prepare your hearts and minds for truly worshiping the Father “in spirit and in truth.”
WORSHIP, TEACH ME TO, LORD [Elaine Cook] May 2001 1